1. Lightweight: Titanium is very lightweight compared to its strength and durability. This feature makes it an attractive material for aerospace and automobile industries.
3. Biocompatibility: Titanium is a biocompatible material, which means it isn't rejected by human tissue. The medical industry uses this property to create artificial joints, surgical implants and other medical devices.
5. High Melting Point: Titanium has a high melting point of approximately 1,680°C, making it highly resistant to heat and suitable for use in high-temperature environments.
Some of the application fields of titanium sponge include:
2. Medical Industry: Titanium is used to manufacture prosthetics, implants, and surgical tools because it is biocompatible.
4. Energy Industry: Titanium is used in the energy industry due to its resistance to corrosion, high temperature and pressure tolerance.
In conclusion, Titanium sponge has many advantages that make it suitable for use in various fields. Its lightweight, high strength, and high corrosion-resistance properties have made it an essential material in aerospace, medical, chemical, and energy sectors, among others.